- Member Services
- Find a Contractor
Annual Calendar Drawing Contest
Each year Local 701 produces and distributes a calendar for our members that includes key meetings and contact information. What sets it apart from calendars of other organizations is the unique artwork for each month. The artwork is created by the children or grandchildren of our members!
Each month of the year features an 11’ x 8 ½” black and white drawing by one of our kids. The drawings illustrate the young artists’ parent or grandparent working as a heavy equipment operator, construction surveyor, mechanic, stationary engineer, etc.
The twelve winning drawings are selected from amongst all applicants from the following 5 grade categories: K-1; 2-3; 4-5; 6-8; and 9-12. Winners, in addition to having their drawing featured one month in the calendar, receive cash prizes. And all participants get a gift card prize. The competition closes each year on August 31st.
All active members of Local 701 are encouraged to have their children and/or grandchildren send us a drawing!
Calendar Drawing Contest Entry Requirements
- Must be between Kindergarten and 12th grade
- Must be a child or grandchild of an active Local 701 Member
- Drawing must include the parent or grandparent working as a heavy equipment operator, construction surveyor, mechanic, stationary engineer, etc.
- Must be drawn on a piece of white paper, 11” across and 8 ½” in height (landscape – NOT PORTRAIT)
- Drawing needs to be done using a #2 pencil or something comparable in order for copies to come out clear
- One drawing per child
- Drawing must include, in lower right hand corner, participant’s name, grade, and name and relation of active union member.
Artwork needs to be sent, along with an official entry form, by August 31st each year to: Loraine Draper, Local 701, 555 E. First Street, Gladstone, OR 97027